A Reference LE Class Multi-Channel Amplifier
The NuPrime MCH-K38 is a Reference LE class multi-channel amplifier designed for uncompromising home theater and music listening. With its quality parts throughout and an advanced 550kHz switching amplifier operation, the MCH-K38 delivers a full 210 watts into 4 and 8 Ohms per channel. Each pair of output channels can be bridged to double the power to 400W at 4 and 8 Ohms. The NuPrime MCH-K38 comes with 8 sets of RCA and true balanced XLR inputs. A self-resonant design, the amp’s 550 kHz PWM switching frequency constantly adjusts to the input signal, output current demands, and loudspeaker impedance variations. Exemplary speed, accuracy and exquisite dynamics nicely describes NuPrime’s signature sound.
The MCH-K38 amplifier is derived from the ULCAM (Ultra Linear Class A Module)+Class D design first introduced in IDA-8. By joining a powerful high impedance single-ended amplifier circuit in the preamp stage with a well integrated Class-D power stage, the MCH-K38’s rich tube-like sound and tremendous speed is sure to impress audio enthusiasts. By utilizing a 1000W power supply and CMA capacitor array, the MCH-K38 fully exploits the Class A+D design’s ability to deliver massive amounts of power and speed when needed by a single or multi channels.
The NuPrime Sound
- Vast soundstage
- Wide, lightning-fast dynamics
- Ultra-low distortion and noise
- Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact
In summary, NuPrime’s sonic character stands well apart from – and indeed above – the soft, cushy sound we often associate with most tubed amplification or the dry, edgy sound we often associate with solid-state and switching technology. Rarely does an amp achieve an ideal balance of richly textured timbres and harmonics, bottom-end authority, startling dynamics, exquisite low-level detail, and a fully revealed, fully dimensional soundstage against a backdrop of mile-deep silence.
- RCA: Un-Balanced input x 8
- XLR: Balanced input x 8
- Stereo Speaker Out x 8
- Mono Speaker Out x 4
- Power: 8 X 210W at 4 & 8 Ohms / 4 X 400W @ 4 & 8 Ohms. MCH-K38 is able to maintain the same power rating at 8 Ohms due to a large power supply.
- Input Impedance: 47k Ohms
- Gain: x 22
- SNR < -95 dB
- THD+N: 0.02% (Stereo) / 0.01% (Mono)
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Worldwide AC voltage: (115 VAC / 230 VAC)
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 7A, 250VAC
- Dimension: 430.3 mm W x 378.7 mm D x 98.55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 14.5 kg
- Color: Black
The back panel of NuPrime MCH-K38 consists 4 sets of stereo amplifier output modules. Each set can also be bridged into a mono amplifier making NuPrime MCH-K38 versatile when comes to channel selections. This feature enables MCH-K38 capable of supporting 8 channels (all set to stereo), 7 channels (1 set to mono 3 set to stereo), 6 channels (2 set to mono 2 set to stereo), 5 channels (3 set to mono 1 set to stereo), and 4 channels (all set to mono).
- Choose either RCA or XLR input and make sure the switch is properly selected.
- Be sure the switch is selected to Stereo.
- Be sure the cables are securely connected to the desire input connectors.
- Connect the speaker cables to output terminals. Note: The top row is positive and bottom row is negative.
- Choose either RCA or XLR connection and make sure the switch is properly selected.
- Be sure the switch is selected to Mono.
- Be sure the cables are securely connected to the desire input connectors. Please connect to the connectors in white color. Gray connectors do not work in Mono mode.
- Connect the speaker cables to output terminals.