Operating from a technology platform that has won Nuforce numerous awards and rave reviews, Nuforce’s Second-Generation Icon is an audiophile-grade Integrated Desktop Amplifier featuring two 24-watt outputs for speakers, a 3.5-mm stereo input for connection to an iPod or other portable device, a USB DAC (24bit/96KHz high resolution) for converting digital music from the computer, and standard RCA inputs for employing the Icon as the heart of a conventional audio system. For the headphone enthusiast, the Icon also offers a high-performance headphone output. Of particular interest to the computer user, the Icon’s line-out functions as a PC or Mac USB-to-analog audio converter or can also be used as a connection to a subwoofer.
The NuForce Icon-2’s Applications
- As the core of a desktop audio system, the Icon-2 connects to an Ipod, CD player, PC or Mac. To fully utilize the Icon-2’s sonic capabilities, we recommend high-quality monitor speakers with a sensitivity of 87dB or higher.
- Via the best, jitter-free USB technology, the Icon-2 operates as a USB DAC (Maximum sampling rate: 96kHz) for converting a PC or Mac’s audio signal to high-quality analog sound.
- For optimal headphone performance, the Icon-2 includes a discrete, high-performance headphone amplifier.
- For operation as an audiophile-grade preamplifier, the Icon-2’s linestage can be connected to a power amp or active speakers.
- As a high-quality auxiliary power amp in a surround-sound setup, the Icon-2 can be used to drive tweeters or rear-channel speakers.
- Vertical stand
- AC adapter (60W 100-240VAC worldwide voltages)
- USB cable
- A pair of speaker cables (CAT-6E, 2m, RJ45 to banana)
- AC power cord
- RCA analog maximum 2Vrms
- USB DAC: USB 1.1, 2.0 compatible. USB native bit rate: 32, 44.1, 48, and 96 kHz, 24-bit
- Maximum sampling rate: 96kHz
- Resolution: 24-bits
- 3.5mm Stereo
Speaker Outputs (RJ45 connectors with 15 micron thick gold plating). NuForce RJ45 to banana plug speaker cables (2m) are provided with NuForce Icon-2.
- Power output: 80mW x 2 @ 16-Ohm
- THD+N 0.05%
Line Out (for Subwoofer) connection
Output: Peak power: 30W x 2 (4 Ohm)
Output power at 1% THD+N, A-weighted: 24W x 2 (4 Ohm), 18W x 2 (8 Ohm)
Gain: 22.2 dB
Frequency Response: 20 to 20kHz +/- 1dB
SNR > 90dB A-weighted
DC requirement: 12-15V, up to 60W; 60W 100-240VAC worldwide voltages PSU is included.
Dimension: 6″ x 4 1/2″ x 1″
Weight: 1 lb. Shipping weight 5 lb.