The Ref 9 V3SE utilizes an improved power capacitor board (Nuforce proprietary Sequential Linear Array design) featuring Nuforce’s proprietary low ESR capacitor matrix and high performance capacitors. The Ref 9 V3SE comes in black or silver finish.
The Ref 9 V3SE adds refinement and delicacy to the already excellent-sounding Ref 9 V3. When used in less than the most revealing systems, the SE’s advantages may not be fully realized. As excellent as the Ref 9 V3 is, the Ref 9 V3SE takes its strengths to an even higher level. These include:
- Sweeter highs, without any compromise in frequency extension.
- A smoother and more palpable midrange, while preserving the natural harmonic structure for which the Ref 9 V3 is famous. The Ref 9 V3SE is one of the few amplifiers in the world that does not impart a signature on the music. This results in a more natural and relaxed presentation.
- The bass remains the amp’s huge strength. The Ref 9 V3SE has same tightness and texture of the standard Ref 9 V3, but with a little more weight.
- The stage is more coherent and deeper.
In summary, the SE’s sound is more neutral and liquid, with a more relaxed yet powerful soundstage presentation.
- Configuration: Mono Input: RCA and true balance XLR
- Power output (see Power FAQ) Ref 9 V3 / Ref 9 V3SE
Power/Load8 ohm4 ohm2 ohm
(20 msec hold time)325W650W 1300W
*RMS power denotes maximum continuous power. Peak power denotes an instantaneous power boost. Note that typical listening normally requires about 15W of power. These high power amplifiers provide more than sufficient power for just about any speakers on the market.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz -0.3 dB – 120 kHz -3 dB
- THD+N = 0.01%, 1kHz, 1W to 10W, A Weighted.
- Input impedance: 22K ohm
- Input sensitivity = 252mV, 1W @ 8 Ohm; 2.57V, 100W @ 8 Ohm; 1.81V, 100W @ 4 Ohm
- Input sensitivity for maximum power: 3.33V
- Gain: 21 db
- SNR > 100 db at 100W
- Eichmann Cable Pod binding post for spade and banana plug (the plastic cap at the end of the binding post can be removed for connecting a banana plug)
- Chassis is made of high-grade anodized brushed aluminum to reduce audio resonance
- Dimension : 8.5″W x 16″D x 1.97″H (2.37″H include feet)
- Weight : 9 lbs
- Worldwide AC voltage (84VAC to 264VAC). No need for AC regulator if the AC voltage falls within the specified range.
- AC Fuse: Slow blow, 5A, 250VAC